How to form an S-corporation for Catering


You’ve decided to take the plunge and start a catering business. Congratulations! It’s a great idea, and you’re going to do well. But before you get started with your first gig, there are some forms that need to be filled out. First of all, if you’re going to make sure your business is legitimate and legal (and trust me—it needs to be), then it’s important that you form an S-corporation for your catering business.

Form an S-corporation for your catering business

Creating an S-corporation is a great way to protect your personal assets. An S-corporation protects you from personal liability. This means that, as the owner of an S-corporation, if someone were to sue your company and win, they would not be able to go after your personal bank accounts or property for payment.

If you want maximum protection from liability for your catering business, consider forming an LLC or instead an S-corporation to make it easier for your business to grow and survive!

Swear to yourself that you’ll always give the best service possible

  • Be kind, honest, and trustworthy in all your dealings with customers.
  • Respect your employees and treat them like family members.
  • Be a good steward of the environment (don’t waste food or other resources).

Part of being a good steward is making sure that your customers are satisfied. If they’re not, then they won’t come back and you’ll be out of business. So, make sure every customer has a pleasant experience when they visit your restaurant or order takeout.

Also swear to yourself that you will never, ever serve store-bought ranch dressing

Ranch is an abomination and it’s high time we all stopped pretending otherwise. If you want clean, creamy ranch flavor in your food, make it yourself with real ingredients like sour cream, mayonnaise and herbs—not some factory-produced chemical goo that tastes like glue.

Ask a friend to sign on as a “silent partner” in case things go badly and you need to borrow some money

You’ll want to form an S-corporation, which is a special type of corporation that provides the owners with limited liability.

To do this, you’ll need to find a silent partner who will invest money in your catering business. This person will be known as the “silent partner” because he or she has no say in how you run the company but is liable for all debts and taxes related to it. He or she cannot take over your company even if it goes bankrupt or fails.

Make a delicious but not too fancy chocolate cake recipe and have it memorized, because everyone needs a dessert go-to

If you’re going to be a caterer, you need to have a chocolate cake recipe memorized. You will be asked for this at every single wedding, and if you don’t have it down by then, I cannot help you.

You also do not want to make a cake that is too complicated, like an almond flour vanilla bean chocolate chip cookie bar with raspberry coulis and coconut whipped cream frosting. Likewise, it does not matter if those are your favorite flavors—if they aren’t simple enough for everyone else at the party or venue to enjoy as well, then don’t use them! You aren’t serving yourself; you’re serving your clientele!

You also shouldn’t focus on making something so elegant or expensive as a signature treat because while guests may love it in theory (and probably won’t even remember what they ate), they’re more likely going home with leftovers than ordering another one themselves later on down the road due to budget constraints or lack of interest/knowledge about said item’s existence beyond what was served during their initial experience with your food truck/catering company offerings!

Forming your own business takes time, but it is rewarding and worth the effort

  • Make sure you have a business plan that includes the steps you need to take to get started.
  • Don’t forget to get insurance! Your equipment might need special coverage, and you should also make sure that your employees are covered in case of an accident on the job.
  • You’ll also need to pay taxes on your income—the good news is that you don’t have to file a separate tax return from your LLC or S-corporation because your individual tax liability will be included with those companies’ filings.

If you are a sole proprietor, you may need to file a Schedule C with your taxes. This form lists all of your business income and expenses. You’ll also have to pay self-employment tax on your profits if they exceed $400 per year.


So, that’s it! You’re ready to take on the world with your new business. It’s a lot of work, but remember that you are not alone and we’re here for you at every step along the way.

Start your Trademark

Register Your Trademark & Get The Delivery of your USPTO Serial No. In 24 Hours

Related Posts

How Front-End Developers Can Benefit From Trademark Registration In 2023
How Front-End Developers Can Benefit From Trademark Registration In 2023
How to start an Agriculture Business in USA
How to start an Agriculture Business in USA
How to Start a Business in Utah
How to Start a Business in Utah
How to Start a Business in Texas
How to Start a Business in Texas

USPTO Trademark Filing in Just $49

Register Your Trademark with USPTO Today & Get Serial No. in 24 Hours